- Critiques of an individual piece or a selection of works
- Creation of chapbooks or a full collection of works for printing and publication
Details: Poetry critiques involve an in-depth reading and critical analysis focused on the stronger and weaker elements of each poem. Free verse, metric, prose poetry, and experimental styles are all welcome. Key areas of concern include (but are not limited to) the purpose and passion of the poem, the cohesion of literary elements, avoidance of cliché and weak imagery, and consistency and uniqueness of voice.
Cost: Prices start at $0.08 per word, with a minimum fee of $10.00 per page.*
Chapbook Package $799 (w/Kindle eBook: $999.00)
This publication package includes the following:
• Paperback edition of the book
• Paperback complimentary copies: 10 for perfect bound books and 5 for saddle stitch books
• Custom Cover–author can choose templates and a single stock photo, submit a cover image, or allow our designers to use their expertise to create a cover that will capture the attention of the book’s target audience
• Custom interior design†
• 2 electronic proofs and 50 changes for free
• Choice of trim size for your book
• ISBN and barcode
• Author provides back cover information and photo
• The book is posted on multiple websites, including Inkwaterpress.com, Powells.com, Amazon.com, and BarnesandNoble.com
• The book can be printed, bound, and delivered to the customer in minutes through Espresso Book Machines® in bookstores and libraries across the country and around the world
• The book is listed with Ingram and Baker & Taylor wholesalers
• The book is submitted to Bowker’s Books In Print
• Free one-hour marketing consultation
Chapbook can also be submitted to three reviewers (The Chapbook Review, Contemporary Poetry Review, and Prick of the Spindle) for a cost of $50.
*All poetry critique services are preceded by an evaluation by our poetry editors to determine the extent of critiquing that is needed for a given work.
†Interior images cost $12.50 per image.