We custom design the interior and full-color cover of the book with the author’s help in the creative process. Once the book is designed, the author has two opportunities to review electronic proofs and make any remaining changes to the text. The author must give Inkwater final approval of the book proofs before we send the files to the printer.
- Paperback or Hardback edition of the book*
- Full-color cover
- Professionally designed interior in black/white (gray scale)
Note: complex interiors may require an additional fee
- A selection of trim sizes and binding types, and choice of matte or gloss finished cover
- Designers will create a custom cover around a single stock image or submitted photograph; multiple cover options or more complex designs are available for an additional cost
- Up to 10 images included, with additional images @ $12.50 each†
- 2 electronic proofs and 50 changes for free
- 5 complimentary paperbacks or 2 hardback copies
- Marketing consultation (1 hour)
- Choice of distribution avenues: Inkwater distribution or Authors can distribute as their own publisher‡
Books published with an Inkwater Press ISBN are distributed through our bookstore website (www.inkwaterbooks.com). Additionally, we submit the book to Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Powells.com, as well as Ingram and Baker & Taylor wholesalers, and Bowker’s Books In Print. Inkwater books may also appear on a multitude of other retailer websites.
The author helps determine the retail price of the book and receives royalties of up to 50% of the net receipts on any book sales through the Inkwater distribution avenues. Books are made available through print-on-demand technology, and offset printing is also available. The publication process begins at the time we receive the final manuscript, signed contracts, and payment and it takes approximately 4 months until books are ready to be ordered. Authors can also purchase author copies of their book at a discounted rate based on the unit cost.
Note: there is an annual renewal fee of $50.00 to keep the print format active.
*An eBook version can be added, starting at $200.00.
†Some books with interior color images are subject to an additional fee for handling and distribution.
‡An eBook version can be added, starting at $200.00.Authors can contact us for more details about setting up their own publishing company to distribute the book directly.
Note: for international authors, additional shipping fees may apply.