Children’s Picture Books and Color Art/Photography Books
The Full-Color Design Package is geared towards children’s picture books and books of an artistic nature. We do not have an illustrator on staff so we ask the authors to provide all illustrations or images they want included in their book. This package includes the insertion of up to 30 images into the text. Additional images are charged at a reduced rate of $10.00 per image. An eBook version of the book, for the iPad, Nook, Kobo, and other ePub format readers, can be added to the package.
Full-Color Publication Package $1,299.00
- Paperback or Hardcover version of the book*
- Full-color cover and interior
- Multiple trim size options are available
- Up to 3 images included, with additional images @ $10.00 each
- Cover—designers will create a custom cover around a single stock image or submitted graphic; alternative versions or more complex designs are available for an additional cost
- Choice of matte or gloss finished cover
- 2 electronic proofs and 50 changes for free
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Author provides back cover information and photo
- Marketing consultation (1 hour)
- Choice of distribution avenues: Inkwater distribution or Authors can distribute as their own publisher†
We design the full-color interior and full-color cover of the book with the author’s help in the creative process. Once the book is designed, the author has two opportunities to review electronic proofs and make any remaining changes to the text. When the final proof has been accepted, we send the files to our digital printer and begin distributing the book through our bookstore website (www.inkwaterbooks.com). We provide links to the book on Amazon.com, Barnes&noble.com, Powells.com, as well as Ingram and Baker & Taylor wholesalers, and Bowker’s Books In Print. Inkwater books will also appear on a multitude of other retailer websites.
The author helps determine the retail price of the book and receives royalties of up to 50% of the net receipts on any book sales through these Inkwater distribution avenues. Books are made available through print-on-demand technology; however, offset printing is also available. The publication process begins at the time we receive the final manuscript, signed contracts, and payment, and it takes approximately 4 months until books are ready to be ordered. Authors can also purchase author copies of their book at a discounted rate based on the unit cost.
Note: there is an annual renewal fee of $50.00 to keep the print format active.
We always recommend that our authors work with a professional editor before publishing. This helps to polish the work as well as catch any spelling and grammar mistakes that may have previously gone undetected. We can provide that service here starting at $0.02 per word or the author is welcome to work with an editor of his or her choosing.
*An eBook version can be added, starting at $200.00.
†Authors can contact us for more details about setting up their own publishing company to distribute the book directly.
Note: for international authors, additional shipping fees may apply.