“Not all marketing people are writers, but all writers must learn to be marketers.” – Joanne Kraft, Just Too Busy: Taking your Family on a Radical Sabbatical
Marketing and publicity are the keys to successful sales. Introducing your book and yourself as an author to readers and buyers in your target markets is as essential as writing the book itself. We can help authors who publish with us or authors who have published their books by other means. Our goal for all authors is to achieve the goals you set when you made the decision to write a book.
We begin this process by listening. We want to know what motivated you before you wrote one word on the page. Our Marketing Director listens to each author to understand his or her goals. Every book and every author is different. Each requires a custom approach. Some authors are comfortable promoting their books; others would rather let us do the work. Dealing with each author as an individual creates realistic and workable marketing and publicity activities.
Every author receives a complementary one-hour marketing consultation.
Amazon Look Inside
Marketing Services and Discount Rates
PRWeb Press Release Distribution
Your book’s press release is sent to thousands of news outlets, making it easy for readers and media to discover you. Use the social media sharing technologies of the world’s most socially shared release service to help your book go viral. Distribution to all major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.), all major online news sites, more than 250,000 PRWeb news subscribers, and 30,000+ journalists and bloggers.
Includes the above Standard features and distribution, plus your book’s press release is:
- Optimized for search visibility on the world’s most highly rated news release service
- Sent to premium news sites like StreetInsider and the International Business Times
- Designed to include direct web links
- Designed to include an image
Reviews, Interviews, & Advertising Options
Bookmarks make a great giveaway. Customers and potential customers can use them for the many books they read, while keeping your book in front of them. Bookmarks are custom designed in full color with a glossy front. Typical bookmarks include the book cover and general book information, such as title, author, ISBN, trim size, price, and where to order.
250 bookmarks – $150
500 bookmarks – $225
Business cards add a sense of professionalism to promoting your book. They are easy to carry with you and distribute. Business cards are custom designed in full color with a glossy front and provide an easy avenue to introduce yourself, your website, and your book.
250 business cards – $135
500 business cards – $200
Many authors bring their postcards to readings, signings, shows, conferences, and other events. These provide an easy way for people to learn more about your book, to remember what it looks like, and be directed to your website or to other contact avenues. Postcards generally reflect the cover image of the book and include information about the book and where to order it. They are full color on both sides, glossy front, and custom designed to meet USPS regulations.
100 postcards – $175
250 postcards – $250
500 postcards – $315
Posters are high-visibility materials that can promote readings, accompany your presence at fairs, grace library and bookstore display areas, and help increase your visibility at any other event where potential customers congregate.
Standard Posters (11 x 14)
Details: Full color, glossy front, 11 x 14 poster. Typical posters are the front cover of your book. Customization is available upon request.
First poster is $20
Each additional poster is $10
Large Posters (24 x 36)
Details: Full color, glossy front, 24 x 36 poster.
24 x 36 poster – $50 each
Event Posters (mounted on foam core)
Details: Full color, glossy front, mounted on foam core for durability. These are great to display next to or behind the author at reading and signing events.
11 x 14 poster – $50 each
24 x 36 poster – $175 each
We can put your book cover on a variety of products for you to celebrate your book or use as marketing promotions: t-shirts, sweatshirts, coffee mugs, bags, stickers, hats, even onto fine art canvas for a one-of-a-kind art piece. There are too many items to list here, so call for specifics and pricing.
Enhanced Online Posting and Amazon Look Inside
We will upload the book to Amazon and Google enhanced listings. Amazon’s Search Inside the Book feature will include your book in search results based upon matches on every single word in your book, not just results that match the title or author. Potential readers can then look inside your book to see the page where the search term(s) appears and read a sample of your work to help make a purchase decision. You have probably seen the Look Inside logo across the top of many books listed on Amazon. The Google Books feature matches the content of your book to Google user searches. The search result will pull up the title, author, a short excerpt containing the key search words, and information on the book. Clicking on the result will give the viewer a limited preview of the book and links to the various places the viewer can purchase the book.
- Custom book trailer script, with full input from the author
- Author input about look, feel, tone, etc. of book trailer
- A mix of video, image, and motion graphics to explain book-concept and generate audience curiosity
- Genre- and audience-appropriate music in the background
- Distribution of book trailer to range of video sites (with appropriate meta-data on each site)
- Additional book trailer exposure via Inkwater Press’s web venues
Author/Book Landing-page – $200
Multi-page Website Design – $500Some examples of our author landing pages are Where Triples Go to Die by Phil Hutcheon and Engraved Silver by Debbie Raney. Some examples of our multi-page websites are God’s Word or Human Reason? by Kane, Willoughby, and Keesey and Coping with Ash by Michael Scott Curnes.
Social Media Packages
Facebook Account Creation & Setup
- Create business/book Facebook page account
- Complete info page
- Add search engine—optimized “about us” text and description text (Original “about” text, description text, and contact information must be supplied by author. This text will be re-tailored for search engine optimization and to adhere to Facebook’s parameters and Terms of Service.)
- Add author contact information
- Profile image—upload book front cover, author photo, or other image
- Cover image design
- Upload up to 10 images for photo album (as supplied by author)
Twitter Account Creation & Setup
- Initial account registration/setup
- Add location, bio, URL (a la Facebook)
- Twitter logo resized and uploaded
- Custom Twitter background and cover image (maintaining consistent branding with website graphics)
- Setup Twitter auto follow of all followers
- Setup Twitter auto responder to thank all new followers
Pinterest Account Creation & Setup
- Account creation and profile setup
- Appropriate Pinterest URL setup
- Profile image—upload book front cover, author photo, or other image
Social Media Maintenance Packages
Time spent in this category may be utilized for regular social media maintenance such as:
- Regular postings to the social media channels (with content provided by author)
- Uploading photos (as provided by author)
- Updating information
- Building likes, followers, etc.
(Available in 1-, 2-, or 3-month contract periods)
Gold Package – $500/mo. – includes 8 hours per month
Silver Package – $350/mo. – includes 5 hours per month
Bronze Package – $150/mo. – includes 2 hours per month