Inkwater can create an eBook from a basic Word document, or we can convert print-ready files of an already published book to the eBook format. Three different eBook formats are available, including Kindle eBook, ePub, and PDF. We custom design each eBook in a professionally published style so that it matches the design of the printed version. An eBook can be added to any book design or publication package for an additional cost.
Convert Book Files to an eBook Format
Details: The Kindle format is specific to Amazon and is currently the most popular among consumers. We offer a Kindle eBook conversion option as part of our Standard Package design. Not all author-submitted manuscripts are adaptable to the Kindle eBook, including most full-color books.
Details: The ePub format is adaptable to the widest variety of eBook devices including the Nook, iPad, iPhone, Kobo, Android, and many more. The iPad and other tablet devices are opening avenues for children’s picture books and full-color art books to be effectively adapted to the eBook format.
PDF (Portable Document Format)*
Details: The PDF is downloadable to PCs and laptops. The page numbers and font size are set and cannot be adjusted.
Custom eBook Design (Kindle, ePub, & PDF) – $799.00
For authors looking to publish exclusively in eBook format, we offer an Custom eBook Design package. We custom design the interior and full-color cover of the book with the author’s help in the creative process. Once the book is designed, the author has two opportunities to review electronic proofs and make any remaining changes to the text. When the final proof has been accepted, we upload the files to Amazon.com, iTunes, and Kobo.com. The author receives a one-hour marketing strategy consultation with our marketing director. The author receives royalties on all eBooks sold.
Custom eBook Design* includes:
- Kindle, ePub, and PDF eBook format of the book
- Custom cover design and interior design
- 2 electronic proofs and 50 changes for free
- Author provides book description, author information, and photo for listing
- eBook is formatted to reflect the same quality as a printed version of the book
- ISBN for each format
- eBook is posted on websites that support the eBook version selected
- eBook is submitted to Bowker’s Books In Print
- Marketing consultation (1 hour)
- Amazon Search Inside feature will allow readers to view a sample of the interior
*There is an annual renewal fee of $10.00 to keep each eBook format active.
**For highly formatted complex interiors we may charge an additional fee. Contact us for details.