Inkwater, headquartered in beautiful Portland, Oregon, is the Pacific Northwest’s premier author-subsidized book publisher. Using digital and offset printing, we publish fiction and nonfiction for adults and children, in black and white and in color, in paperback, hardback and eBook formats. We also work closely with professionals and businesses to create books to help brand their organization and to promote their goals. We recognize that advances in computer, printer, and social networking technology have made publishing much more accessible and affordable for authors in this new era of publishing.
Author-subsidy publishing may be a viable option for you if :
- You are tired of receiving rejection letters from swamped agents and publishers.
- You have a strong marketing platform for your book, and a specific publication date to meet.
- You want to maintain the integrity of the book as you created it.
- You want to create a professional quality memoir/history to pass on to your family.
- You want to create a book to be used as a tool in your business or classroom.
- You want to help brand and market your business through book and eBook media.
You retain the rights to all the material submitted, as well as the creative control of the editing, design, marketing and distribution process. Your book will be published in 1 to 4 months instead of 1 to 2 years for traditional publication.
Business entrepreneurs, professors and educators, and writers of all ages are starting to take advantage of the advancement of the self-publishing model. It isn’t an easy process to write, edit, design, publish and distribute a book on your own. With over two million books being published in 2013, authors must be creative and persistent in their efforts to get the word out about their book. Self-publishing a book is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and it can take a lot of time and perseverance to achieve even moderate success. It is an incredibly rewarding feeling to see your book in print, exactly as you envisioned, and you will never promote and market something that you believe in more than your own work.
More detailed information about publishing with Inkwater can be found under the following Publishing Menu headings:
If you have any questions about the self-publishing process or how we might be able to help you with your book project please give us a call at 503.968.6777.